This process explains the reasons why purchasing a used ECU a bad idea. Let’s take a look at the reasons:
- This is common knowledge that a car has a system of computers that need to be programmed for the car to work properly and efficiently. When you buy an ECU set that belongs you are already damaging the ecosystem of the car.
- An ECU comprises the engine computer, the car security system like EWS or immobilizer, keys and ignition switch. Upon attaching a used ECU with your car it will effectively change the VIN of the car. The VIN might not have the proper programming depending upon the transmission type of the car and hence cause unwanted car troubles.
- Additionally, the coding could be different and pose problems in case you have to emission requirements in your state.
- Another thing to consider is that the used ECU set comes with a key that will no longer fit in the ignition switch of the car, hence you need to spend extra money and time to change the ignition car. Furthermore, the door locks of the car would need replacement as well.
- Most importantly if you ever lose the keys of the used ECU, you can no longer ask the dealership for new keys because you do not own the registration of this other computer set VIN.
Whenever there is any kind of trouble in your car, you can give us a call and we will provide you with the best possible solution or option.